Capt’s Line 727-480-6912
Office Line 727-698-4336
Salty Dog Charters – Johns Pass
“Johns Pass” in Treasure Island / Madeira Beach Florida; is home to the best fishing village and fleet on Florida’s west coast. Located in between St Pete Beach and Clearwater and nestled between Boca Ciega Bay and the Gulf of Mexico, John’s pass has easy access to some of the best fishing Florida has to offer. We have one of the most extensive artificial reef systems anywhere on the Florida coast, as well as, tons of natural hard bottom and ledges. From just a mile out all the way to the Middle Grounds and Elbow 70-100 miles offshore, there is always something biting somewhere here. So whether your looking for a relaxing day on the bay or beach fishing with the kids or a rod bending – drag screaming – offshore trip – we’re your charter!
The Boat – “Reel Crazy”
Our 24 Ft Cape Horn cc “Reel Crazy” is a very stable and dependable offshore fishing platform. Touted as “unsinkable” by the manufacture; she truly is one of the toughest performance fishing vessels on the water. She’s powered by new twin 2017 turbocharged 200hp Mercury Verado 4-stroke outboards, so we can get there quicker and fish more. Reel Crazy is equipped with 2 sounder/ chart plotters which include a Simrad NSS9 evo2 touchscreen with structure scan and a Lowrance HDS7 touchscreen with structure scan and Sirius satellite real-time weather. These are top of the line boat navigation & and sonar electronics that give us a distinct advantage finding the fish.
Salty Dog Charters is a family owned and operated fishing charter business. We are currently running our charters out of Johns Pass in Treasure Island Florida. We are fully licensed and insured and the boat is periodically surveyed to ensure we are in compliance with the latest commercial fishing vessel regulations and are outfitted with the best safety equipment. The Reel Crazy is captained by Capt. Brandon Vaughan, a young, energetic, very talented and capable captain and angler. He has been fishing the local waters for a decade and has an extensive knowledge of the areas fishery both inshore and offshore. Capt. Brandon is also an experienced tournament angler so if you are interested in fishing a local tournament we’d be happy to arrange it for you.
Our Pledge to You
We live and love what we do and it shows. Come fish with us; we’ll treat you like family, put you on some fish, bring smiles to your faces (maybe even a laugh or two : ) and bring you home safely with lots of great memories and a camera full of brag’in pics – not to mention some great table fare!!! There is nothing that gives us greater pleasure than sharing what we do best with others. So come on out with us; you’ll be back again and again.
How to Book Your Charter:
1) Fill out our booking form on the "Book It" page. Enter your preferred fishing date. If there is a scheduling conflict, we will resolve it during our phone conversation.
2) Use the Paypal Easy Pay option on our website to make your deposit (the information you fill in must be exactly the same as on your credit card billing statement) or If you prefer just call us and we will be happy to take it over the phone. You will receive a receipt by email.
3) You will receive a call from the captain to discuss the details of your party and fill him in on your fishing preferences.
4) Please check out the rest of our website for helpful information.
5) Thats it - your ready for your Trip!
(if you prefer, please feel free to call and book your charter over the phone, we like hearing from you!)
* Your charter is not booked until we have received your deposit and booking form.
** We reserve the right to cancel any charter and issue a full refund.